Thread: Von Willebrand's Disease in Doberman

Default Von Willebrand's Disease in Doberman

I am very fortunate to have a healthy doberman. However, my cousin has one with Von Willebrand's disease. I had never heard of it until her dog was diagnosed. It is an genetic condition passed down through generations.

It is a bleeding disorder, which can be found in dobermans. Having this condition is sort of like being a hemophiliac. It doesn't cause too many problems. Of course we can't let her dog get cut in any way.

We are cautious about other dogs with her dog and watch his surroundings closely. It does cause a problem for surgery, but there are ways to handle it. Have you ever heard of this condition?

Default Wow...

I've never heard of such a disease for a dog, what a shame for the dog that has it. I'm going to do some more research on it to see what its all about.

I had never heard about this condition before, I imagine not only dobies can have it, right? If it is like being hemophiliac, then some dog breeds must be more prone than others to suffer from this. Poor dobies

Sorry to hear your cousin's dog has it! It must be truly problematic, because sometimes cuts can't be avoided

I have heard of this. My first doby, Mia had it.... We always watched her closely. And no it's not just limited to Dobies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk