Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums

Old 02-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Kamby75

Default Doberman skin/coat problem! Help!!

We have a 5 year old male Doberman. He is having skin issues and we have taken him to vet twice for it. They just think it's allergies. His skin is really dry and itchy. He scratches and chews so much he makes his skin bleed and his hair falls out. It also gets really flakey and smells. He also is getting really skinny and he eats all the time! We have tried allergy meds and he's on thyroid meds now because the dr said his thyroid was low. None of that has helped. He eats Taste of the Wild Salmon and I put fish oil on his food. Only bath him about 2-3 months. He has done this one other time a couple of years ago when he was eating Blue Buffalo Salmon. It only lasted a few moths back then. This time we are going on 4 months and counting. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kamby75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
myronbereza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamby75 View Post
We have a 5 year old male Doberman. He is having skin issues and we have taken him to vet twice for it. They just think it's allergies. His skin is really dry and itchy. He scratches and chews so much he makes his skin bleed and his hair falls out. It also gets really flakey and smells. He also is getting really skinny and he eats all the time! We have tried allergy meds and he's on thyroid meds now because the dr said his thyroid was low. None of that has helped. He eats Taste of the Wild Salmon and I put fish oil on his food. Only bath him about 2-3 months. He has done this one other time a couple of years ago when he was eating Blue Buffalo Salmon. It only lasted a few moths back then. This time we are going on 4 months and counting. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have same problem with female 7 years. Try change food for Frome salmon tunalini. Allegro 160 mg any drug stor + Melatonin 5 mg per day. Now we much better

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
myronbereza is offline   Reply With Quote