Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doberman are great guard dogs

They are very intelligent and extremely loyal dogs that are very motivated when place in a working situation. I have never found them to be as happy when the are left to lay around the house.

Yeah, dobermans are known for being great guard dogs They're so smart, loyal and obedient! My mom is scared of them tho, ever since she heard a rumor about dobies not being able to recognize thier owners at night... pffff!!! Pure non sense!!! I wonder where they get all those things from!

I share the same sentiments. I think they're one of the best guard dogs I've ever seen. It's also one of the reasons why I like to own one. We live in a secluded area, so having a Doberman will make me sleep soundly at night. I also think they're the mysterious type dogs. I'd like to know more about them.

I couldn't agree more mine always keeps a watch out for me, especially when I go for evening walks or runs and there aren't' many cars around.

I could not agree more. Dobies are great watch dogs! They are very alert and fierce as well. One can have a second thought when messing with dobies. But, aside from their character as a great guard dog. I also think they are very adorable and easy to get along with. It is also one of the reason why I am thinking to own one.

Our Dobermans are excellent guard dogs, not least because they look big and scary and they bark loudly, so a lot of people who aren't used to dobies are a bit cautious when they see or hear them. They are both teddy bears really, however, at least with us! And yes, they are incredibly loyal and would protect us from any intruders or other danger. They are also smart, intuitive dogs who just seem to understand what's going on.

Dobermans are instictively protective over their family and their homes. They will provide protection from intruders naturally and this natural tendnecy can be enhanced by training, which is what makes them good guard dogs. They are also imposing looking and pack a powerful bark, so they are the complete package.

Cesar Millan even placed Dobermans on the list of top 10 guard dogs. So, yeah, Dobermans definitely are great guard dogs. Because of their size alone they would appear quite frightening to intruders.